Deadline for Submission: Monday, March 1, 2018. (Late entries will not be accepted.)
Trailblazer . . Feminist . . Champion of human rights.
The Elaine Gordon Scholarship in Women's Studies was established in 2000 to honor the life and work of Elaine Gordon, a former state legislator who, for 22 years, championed equal rights for women.
1. A resume.
2. A typed, two-page essay addressing how the student has and intends to pursue the goals expressed in Elaine Gordon's work and achievements, as well as how financial assistance will help achieve these goals.
3. Financial need statement (financial need will be one consideration in awarding the scholarship).
4. One letter of recommendation from a present or former professor.
5. An unofficial transcript reflecting all course work completed.
6. Application Cover sheet
• Be fully admitted in the College of Arts, Sciences and Education as a Women’s and Gender Studies Major or Certificate earner.
• Have completed or be enrolled in a minimum of 9 credit hours of Women’s and Gender Studies courses.
• Be enrolled as an undergraduate student at the time of application.
• Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• Financial need will be one consideration in awarding the scholarship.
• Undergraduates with at least two semesters of study (not including summer) remaining are eligible.