Graduate Certificate in Women's Studies
- All graduate students in an M.A. or Ph.D. program at FIU are eligible to apply to this program. The Center for Women’s and Gender Studies encourages graduate students from all colleges to participate.
- Undergraduate students in their senior year may take graduate level courses to complete their graduate certificate as a post-baccalaureate certificate.
- Students with a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited university may enroll as a non-degree seeking student and complete the graduate certificate.
Admissions Requirements (Current Degree-seeking FIU Graduate Students):
Admissions Requirements (Non-FIU Students):
Students applying for the Graduate Certificate in Women's and Gender Studies must meet the following requirements. To apply, click here.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale during the last two years of upper division coursework;
- Statement of intent;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- Current résumé;
- Official academic transcript (Unofficial transcript for FIU courses)
Once all documents are received and reviewed, the Women's and Gender Studies program will contact you to schedule an interview. After the review process is complete, you will be notified of the program's decision by mail. If you are an international student, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions regarding your visa status. Please keep in mind that there is a $30 application fee.
If you are applying to a degree program in addition to the Women's and Gender Studies Graduate Certificate Program, you must complete a separate admission application for the degree program and turn it in to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
As you are selecting courses, be sure to seek advising from our advisor via email, phone, or an office visit, in order to ensure that your courses will satisfy the plan you are under.
University Graduate School Deadlines
Students in the graduate certificate program may take up to three hours of approved independent study work (WST 5905) and/or may count up to three Master's level or Ph.D. research hours in their major department if the focus of dissertation encompasses topics and scholarship in Women's and Gender Studies. Please see Women's and Gender Studies director for approval. Please keep in mind that there is a $30 application fee.
Graduate Certificate Academic Program
For program information, download the Graduate Certificate Academic Form.