Internship placements are available each semester to the Center for Women's and Gender Studies majors and certificate earners. (Click here for internship sites) We strongly advise all WGS requirements have been met prior to enrolling in an internship or independent study. If you are interested in an internship, it is a good idea to start arranging your placement the semester BEFORE you want to take the internship.
The process often takes several weeks and only students who have a definite placement will be able to register. We want to make sure we have a placement arranged for you before you register, so students are not in the situation of having paid for the course but not having a placement.
Eligibility Criteria and Application Procedures for the Internship:
- Have taken three Women's and Gender Studies courses before your placement begins.
- Be earning a Women's and Gender Studies major or undergraduate certificates.
- Meet with the Internship Director or CWGS Advisory for a brief interview. You can schedule an appointment by contacting the CWGS office at 305-348-2408.
- You will interview with the internship site and see if a mutually acceptable placement can be arranged.
- Once the above steps have been completed, then download and complete an Internship Agreement Form, and bring to a Women's and Gender Studies advisor in order to receive a permission number to register for the course.